22 November 2017
We are delighted to confirm that our celebrated two-week course on the legal and practical aspects of working with the EPC and EPO will run again in 2018 from 4-15 June. It will take place in Manchester UK (week 1) and London UK (week 2).
The course provides an in-depth study of the legal and practical aspects of working with the EPC and EPO and is aimed at practitioners from Japan and other Asian countries, from either private practice or industrial IP departments. It includes optional additional seminars on other aspects of intellectual property.
The course features:
- Review of the law, case law and procedure for all the key topics: patentable inventions; novelty; priority; inventive step; amendments; filing applications; formalities; examination; grant; hearings; oppositions; and appeals.
- Emphasis on practical advice, exercises and examples.
- Claim drafting exercise.
- Office action, opposition and litigation case studies.
- Workshops for different subject areas: mechanical/electrical; computers/business methods; pharmaceutical chemistry; non-pharmaceutical chemistry; biotechnology.
- Introduction to and status of the new unitary patent system.
- Implications of Brexit for European IP law and practice.
- Optional lunchtime seminars on designs, trade marks and supplementary protection certificates (SPCs) for pharmaceuticals.
Please see our course overview and schedule for more information.